The Joneses from Georgia

The Joneses from Georgia
Christmas, 2009

Monday, September 6, 2010

What does football and decorating have in common?

One of my favorite networks is HGTV, specifically the shows that deal with buying, selling, and renovating homes.  Not only do you get to peek into the lives of other families as they make some of the same decisions that you make for your family, you also get to glimpse into the geographical location that they live.  It can be mind-boggling at times on how the housing market can be vastly different from East Coast to West Coast, but particularly abroad.   

I find myself watching the credits at the end to see exactly when the episodes were taped.  Was it before or after the housing market tanked?  What families pay for homes with so few modern conveniences makes me appreciate living in the good ol' U.S. of A.  What we call middle class would be considered luxury living compared to how some families live in other countries, while paying the same price for their homes.    

Just like sports fans who scream at the players and coaches from their sofas, I find myself shouting out comments to home buyers such as:

"Are you kidding? That isn't a large closet!"
"Oh, my gosh! That house is way too small for that price tag...good view or not."
"OK...a ceiling fan is not a big investment, but replacing those outdated cabinets will be."
"That is NOT a large back yard!"

So what does football and house hunting have in common?  Mostly wasted time, but very enjoyable wasted time!  For all you football enthusiasts that spend hours watching men tackle one another over chasing a ball every weekend, you can now make fun of me for spending hours looking at real estate, decorating tips, and home renovations that I may never put to good use as well.

Are we even?

Well....I may eventually get that outdoor fireplace,
as long as I don't ask my husband to install it
during football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to read my posts!! I would love for you to share your thoughts, too. Check back frequently to hear more from the Joneses from Georgia!